We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 361 Posts
    Hi all,
    Have a client that’s running some pretty basic banners, so I’m looking for some basic banner management stuff. At this point we’re just looking to track clicks, not necessarily manage campaigns.

After a quick search, phpAdsNew (http://www.phpadsnew.com/two/) seems to be the only real candidate that’s open source. Definitely more powerful than I’d need, but seems solid.

Anybody have any experience managing banners on their sites? Even basic advice would probably help, as I’m completely new to banners.

Thanks!
    Brett
      Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
      • 1,198 Posts
      I’m using phpadsnew to manage banner for a lot of clients: it’s a great project, but too much powerful if you need a simple banner managment and not so simple to understand for clients.

You can try phpads (not new:D) http://www.phpwizard.net for a small site.
        Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
        -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
        • 361 Posts
        Thanks for the recommendation. Trying to check out phpAds but the site is either missing information, or really confusing... or I just need sleep. Probably the latter.
          Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
          • 48 Posts
          May I ask how you added the phpadsnew code to your site? I tried making a snippet, and calling it the template, but get some errors:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ’<’ in /home/softdux/public_html/domi/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()’d code on line 1

Any suggestions?
            cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill :: Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program :: Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting
            SoftDux- The Leaders in Software
            Use the coupon: modx to get 20% off our packages
            • 1,198 Posts
            Quote from: SoftDux at Jun 26, 2006, 08:48 PM

May I ask how you added the phpadsnew code to your site? I tried making a snippet, and calling it the template, but get some errors:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ’<’ in /home/softdux/public_html/domi/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()’d code on line 1

Any suggestions?

simply put phpadsnew code in a chunk wink

MODx IT  www.modx.it

• In a "chunch"? I assume you mean chunk... tongue
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 1,198 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Jul 05, 2006, 05:24 PM

In a "chunch"? I assume you mean chunk... tongue

ops sorry grin

MODx IT  www.modx.it

• 256 Posts
                  Wouldn’t it be better to insert the phpadsnew code as a snippet? PhpAdsNew generates PHP code, not HTML. I thought that PHP should go into a snippet rather than a chunk.
                    PM me to find out how you can get a FREE ipad 2!
                    • 256 Posts
                    Which way is recommended? Using the local mode invocation code, or the remote javascript?
                    The local generates PHP code, so that would go into a snippet, right?
                      PM me to find out how you can get a FREE ipad 2!
                      • 218 Posts
                      we always use javascript..