We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I have MODx installed on my LOCALHOST and want to be able to work on MODx manager offline (I don’t mean take the site offline, but work without access to the internet), but nothing shows up when I try to access manager and I am not connected to the internet (as it appears MODx is trying to access the internet). How can I work around this as I cannot be online all the time I want to work with MODx?
      • 3,975 Posts
      If u have installed it on localhost, you dont need to connect to internet. But your server must be running.

Are you using WAMP? or XAMPP? or something else?
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 6 Posts
        It appears you are correct. I disabled my network connection (to check the issue again) and MODx manager came right up. So, that’s a fix I can live with. I’m ashamed to say that I use internet connection sharing through a computer that’s using dial up, and when that computer’s modem was not connected to the internet the problem occurred. However, just disabling the network connection fixed the problem. grin
          • 6 Posts
          Also, just for S&G I looked at what was going on behind the scenes and found out that if you use your hosts file (Windows XP users)to redirect feeds.feedburner.com, modxcms.com, svn.modxcms.com, and feedproxy.google.com to localhost (127.0.0.1) that also fixes the problem. I guess the software can time out in certain (exact) circumstances thus resulting in a blank page.
            • 25 Posts
            I'd like to chime in on this.

I have not installed MODX on localhost.

I really like using MODx, but I would prefer to work offline with Dreamweaver and upload changes as I go. (SO 2009...)

Specifically, I find things go a little slowly with saving in the manager which automatically refreshes back to the file tree.

Even more specifically, is there a way to access resources offline. How about that?
              Revo 2.3.3
            • @Johnnyrains have you looked into using Static Resource as your resource type under the settings tab?

This allows your resource to link to a file located on the server you can then make a copy of your MODX site locally and upload the changes.

It's not perfect but will allow you to achieve what you want to do.

Hope that helps, good luck.
                Benjamin Marte
                Interactive Media Developer
                Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
                • 25 Posts
                Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Quote from: benmarte at Jan 06, 2014, 06:17 PM
                @Johnnyrains have you looked into using Static Resource as your resource type under the settings tab?

This allows your resource to link to a file located on the server you can then make a copy of your MODX site locally and upload the changes.

It's not perfect but will allow you to achieve what you want to do.

Hope that helps, good luck.
                  Revo 2.3.3