We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • As I mentioned before, unfortunately, I have never tried using MODx for a Blog and so I would put in a request in the appropriate forum category as I can’t help you any longer. Personally, I continue to use WordPress for blogs due to the ease in integrating with other applications and simple API. Down the road I may test out MODx for this purpose but as you highlight the Docs are still wanting. But if you were here a year ago you’d be amazed how far they have come.

All the best,

Jay
      Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
    • Quote from: Hotsnow at Jun 22, 2007, 11:35 PM

Tell me please, these numbers in document tree, are they document ID’s?

Yep. They sure are. smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 20 Posts
        Quote from: smashingred at Jun 23, 2007, 12:09 AM

but as you highlight the Docs are still wanting. But if you were here a year ago you’d be amazed how far they have come.

-anyway, I see that this CMS in development, and it’s good.
        • Thanks Hotsnow. We’ve released more than 10 times in the past two and a half years, with much planned for the future. It takes a bit of unlearning some habits from other systems, but I think you’ll find the flexibility and speed of development of custom sites and applications liberating with MODx.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 20 Posts
            You welcome, I have dug thorough other CMS, but no one (from open source’s ones) is equal to yours in flexibility, I liked lucidCMS, but it seems lil bit abandoned. From commercial ones I could consider the webedition as reasonable good.