We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • How can i alter/change the date of the published news?

I tried changing the "Published date", but it doesn’t work!

Please help ASAP because it’s very important to me kiss

(if it’s matter, I’m trying to put the date from the past month...)
      BASE - Web Design Studio
      MODX Ambassador

Website
    • What snippet are you trying to use. You likely need to explicitly set the sortBy parameter (or similar).
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • I’m using Ditto - 2.0.2 and NewsPublisher - 1.4.

It outputs everything great, but it shows today’s date.. not the one in Manager-"Published date" part (in NewsPublisher [+pub_date+] ).. and I want to change the date on some news (ex. 01.05.2007. tec...)
          BASE - Web Design Studio
          MODX Ambassador

Website
          • 7,075 Posts
          Also, to add to Ryan’s comment, one thing you have to keep in mind is using [tt]pub_date[/tt] as a parameter (e.g [tt]&sortBy=`pub_date`[/tt] and [tt]dateSource=`pub_date`[/tt]), not [tt]publishedon[/tt]. I have been confused a few times also even knowing this... Hope it helps smiley

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • Also in addition to that’s your naslovna_vijesti template look like?
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • Quote from: davidm at Jun 01, 2007, 02:46 PM

Also, to add to Ryan’s comment, one thing you have to keep in mind is using [tt]pub_date[/tt] as a parameter (e.g [tt]&sortBy=`pub_date`[/tt] and [tt]dateSource=`pub_date`[/tt]), not [tt]publishedon[/tt]. I have been confused a few times also even knowing this... Hope it helps smiley

Hmm... and what I have to do now to change it?

Call me stupid or confused hehe smiley
                BASE - Web Design Studio
                MODX Ambassador

Website
                • 7,075 Posts
                Sorry I shouldn’t have fed you with info before the question came wink

You have to add the sortBy and dateSource parameter :

[!Ditto?&parents=`2` &sortBy=`pub_date` &dateSource=`pub_date` &extenders=`summary,dateFilter` &paginate=`0` &display=`10` &total=`10` &removeChunk=`Comments` &tpl=`naslovna_vijesti` &trunc=`0` &truncText=`Opširnije...`!]

Edit : Wait a minute... I see you’re using the startID parameter : which version of Ditto are you running ? If it’s 2.x you should change that to &documents or &parents

Edit 2 : re-read the thread, you’re using 2.0.2 you should not use startID anymore, and I am surprised it works since you don’t have [tt]&extenders=`compatibility`[/tt] in your Ditto call. Or maybe Mark had it load by default ?
                  .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                • It worked!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! kiss
                    BASE - Web Design Studio
                    MODX Ambassador

Website
                  • Quote from: davidm at Jun 01, 2007, 02:51 PM

Wait a minute... I see you’re using the startID parameter : which version of Ditto are you running ?
                    Like I said before... Ditto 2.0.2
                    I changed it to &parents and it is the same...

Everything is workin fine right now!

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!
                      BASE - Web Design Studio
                      MODX Ambassador

Website