We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 27 Posts
    I cannot log into Modx. Where the security code image is suppposed to be displayed, it’s blank with a missing image.

How do you sort this out?
    • Which version of MODx are you using? What type of server (sounds like GD is disabled). Honestly we need much much more information to be able to assist with questions like this. Please see the "help us help you" link in my signature for more details.

(moving to MODx 101)
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,611 Posts
        That probably means that you turned on CAPTCHA validation for the manager login but your server doesn’t have the necessary image libraries to create them. That happened to me once on a cheap web host, and I’ve seen it happen to other folks who are developing locally on bare bones servers. You just need to use phpMyAdmin (or any other database tool you happen to like) to change the use_captcha setting to 0 (zero) in the modx_system_settings table.
          "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
          • 27 Posts
          Thanks, i’ll try that