We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I am Chris, and new to the MODx community, and pretty much new to CMS as well. My website is strictly based around articles and information for people to read, print, use as they wish. I do not offer comments, blogging, or user registration on the website whatsoever. I keep it simple just publish articles/content I get for my userbase to read. My question is, the way I have my layout setup, I want to offer about 15-20 different articles on the main page. Is this possible to do w/ MODx, and if so, how would I use the syntax to have about 10 articles in my main content area? I am going to have a list on the sidebar, But I can probably make a template-variable for something like that, correct? Is the alias what I use to link to the entire page of the article?

I am trying to gain a basic grasp of this whole thing, Ive read through the basics of the MODx documentation, but alot of it is hard to comprehend, anybody out there willing to lend a helping hand? I can return the favor in any way possible.

Thanks!!

Chris
      • 788 Posts
      It sounds like Ditto is what you are looking for.

http://ditto.modxcms.com/

Did you install the sample content? I have found that is the best way to initial see how most of the core snippets work.

Basically, what you want is similar to the blog that comes with the sample content.
        Jesse R.
        Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
        Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
        Donate now. Every contribution helps.
        • 407 Posts
        If you mean teasers at home page with linking to full articles you should use Ditto for this. Put all articles into a folder and set its id as "parents" parameter in Ditto. The count is set by "display".