We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 372 Posts
    I am starting my first MODx project and trying to "think" in MODx terms. I starting to catch on, slowly.

My project needs less blog tools and more framework. I am creating a community site, to allow people to collaborate and share info. I am afraid to use TV’s and documents, because it may get too large. Would that be a problem? Is there a limit to the number of documents? I am mostly concerned with the admin display taking a long time to render the tree. I would hope to have 1,000’s of participants and each of them sharing a dozen projects with dozens of objects. If I made each "object" a document, and each "project" a document. Each user could hundreds of authored documents.

I would like to use a much of the standard snippets as possible, because the code is so much better than anything I could cobble together. I tried using Ditto, but I could only get it to work with documents, and not a custom db table. Am I using the right tools for the job? Should I just use a custom snippet for everything? I welcome any suggestions.
      DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
      DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
      gus -- Google URL Shortener
      makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
      MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
    • Sounds like very much to be an instance deserving of a custom solution. I personally wouldn’t load MODx above 5000 pages or so in it’s current state. After the next release (post-096) that will change of course. smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me