We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to let a parent fetch the content of its children, and let each area be edible with Quickedit.

Example:
    My document tree

Safety report(50) --
    |__Structural analysis(66)
    |__Recommendations(67)

When people click on Safety report, ModX should fetch the body of "structural analysis" and "recommendations" and display in its
    own [*#content*] area.

- I’ve tried using Ditto, but the standard call breaks the quickedit functionality (the editor displays the ditto call)
    - I’ve tried using TV Bindings, using @DOCUMENT 66, which retains quickedit functionality , but this isn’t dynamic. It would be great
    if you could fetch @DOCUMENT myChildren(), or something along those lines.

Maybe I am missing something here, so I come to more experienced users / developers asking for advice. I am a few weeks into using
    ModX now, and I beginning to get over the beginners confusion of TVs, Chunks, Snippets etc. But I don’t see the overall picture yet (but
    I am getting there! grin )

• 3,250 Posts
      MARKSVIRTUALDESK Reply #2, 17 years ago
      Ditto fully supports QE using [+#tags+] in its tpl.
        • 74 Posts
        That was the trick! It worked perfectly.

I also worked out how to do it with TVs as well. I didn’t figure out that you could have multiple editable area’s in your document, but this is exactly what TVs are.
        Thanks again Mark.

ModX is great. I think I want to marry it grin