We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi all, I have a weird problem, Captcha does not seem to be validating the code entered as it is displayed, not sure what could be wrong. It was all working fine before, it suddenly stopped working. I first though it was my broswer cache playing tricks on me when it first happened, so I had it manually removed from the database and stopped using captcha for a little while.

I formatted my old computer and purchased a new one and retried to use captcha and noticed it was still not working. I then tried using captcha on Jot and was not working either, so there is something wrong there, not sure what it is.

I have a similar setup of modx on a different server and it is working there without problems. The weirdest part is that it was working before and it suddenly stopped working.

Has anyone ever experienced any issues with captcha which could give me some orientation on what could be wrong?

I am running: PHP Version 4.4.2
    Apache/1.3.37
    MySQL: 4.1.21
    gd-2.0.28-4.4E.1
    freetype-2.1.9-4.el4

Any clues?

Regards,
    Jose R. Lopez
      • 19 Posts
      I am having the same problem. It works, then all of a sudden it doesn’t. I tried emptying my cache, restarting my browser. I have had to turn this off just in the siteCache.idx.php file as well as in the database table to get it even turned off so that I can log back into the manager. This is still a site under construction so i can get by with this nusissance but I would love to have it fixed before the site goes live. I can’t imagine what a headache this will be for my users if I can’t find a fix.
      • See FS#823 and FS#869.
        • Quote from: OpenGeek at May 23, 2007, 06:04 PM

See FS#823 and FS#869.

Thanks, I just see a description to the problem, not any info on how to fix it.

Jose