We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    I like modx a lot.Its a powerfull web design suite(if u know to take advantage of it)., but i still have some problems. Can someone help me with some coding? I’d like to make a webpage with some flash games.It was fun when i had 10-12 games on it.But when it got a bigger amount of games, i felt not writing 10 code lines to add a picture, a comment and a link for the new games i add.... Can someone help me out sort this problem? All that i know till now is that i have to do is make a script that makes all that grin .......So... HEEELLLLPPPP huh
      • 5 Posts
      Nobody can help me sort it out plz ?
        • 66 Posts
        Cheers,

From what I read, your script already exists as a snippet. It’s called Ditto, which does the magic you need. Do you have any experience with HTML/CSS? In that case, using Ditto is like a walk in the park. Ditto is pre-installed in MODx, but a new version has been released (2.0.2), so I recommend that you download this one before doing anything else.

Call Ditto from the website you’d like to work as a list of games, using [[Ditto]] with your choice of attributes. To show a thumbnail of the game, create a picture Template Variable, hook it up to your game template, and then add it to the Ditto template.

If you’re new with MODx, I recommend reading through the MODx documentation first, as my description might seem a bit Greek until you understand how the system works laugh
          • 5 Posts
          Thanks. Hope it works grin
            • 5 Posts
            I installed ditto 2.0.2, I’ve read the documentation..... but I’m still not able to make it work..... not even list the documents from a folder :’( huh.
              • 74 Posts
              You should try the stuff in this thread, it’s about creating a blog, but once you know the stuff in that thread, you’ll know how to create what you want.
              http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,11688.0.html

There is a link to a wiki-tutorial (or just follow the info on the thread)

I am a noob to ModX as well (not to XHTML/JS/CSS/PHP mind you) but this thread helped me in no time.

• 5 Posts
                Thanks for help.It’s not exactly what i wanted, but its good for now.10x.  smiley But if anyone can give me a better idea...Leave it here.