We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Hello again, well I changed the host after the Java-Script problem and after they are forcing banners now on byethost which covers the upper menu from MODx so it isn’t accessible any more X)

So, new host new problems. I wanted to install MODx and until step 4 everything went fine. There it greeted me with the following:

code removed for security reasons

Although the installer says that the installation went successful, it doesn’t work. The database connection test did work.

All I get when calling the manager is

code removed for security reasons

Great god why is it always me...

What I wanted to ask is, could this be server related issues because the admins may have disabled something important?
    • I don’t know how 110mb.com has their servers configured, but you’re definitely probably just running into some sort of wonky configuration issue with their free hosting business. However I think you’re in luck! From their website on 5 reasons why to use them:

Reason 5:
      Help or support on script installations.

How many times have you tried to install something, but couldn’t because you’re not experienced in things like CHMOD, PHP, setting up databases, etc... ?

You can simply join our friendly forums and get instant answers from other members and 110mb staff.

Sounds like they’ll have you covered. MODx installs just fine almost everywhere once you know the intricacies of your hosting platform.

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 11 Posts
        Thanks for the response, and for moving the post into the right category... grin

Unfortunately no one on their forums could help me with that issue, so I thought someone here could know something about that install failure...

Meanwhile I tried some other hosts, and every other host but byethost.com gave me the same install error.
        • Free hosting: you get what you pay for. tongue
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • The problem here is the dash in the database name. If you can create a db name without a dash you can avoid this problem, or you can try installing the latest RC of 0.9.6 which has hundreds of code fixes related to this issue; I’m expecting to release 0.9.6-RC2 today if you want to wait a few hours.
              • 11 Posts
              That’s exciting news laugh I can wait, since I’m ~7 hrs ahead of your time I will probably check out tomorrow the new version then. Try to remove that dash from the database also.

Thx
              • Can someone please pass the salt to go with my foot... tongue
                  • 11 Posts
                  Removing the dash did the trick, but still eagerly awaitng 0.9.6 RC2.

>Can someone please pass the salt to go with my foot...

Someone cares to explain a dumb German that saying? Couldn’t find a translation.
                    • 788 Posts
                    Can someone please pass the salt to go with my foot...

Translation is "He put his foot in his mouth."

Put nicely, this saying is used to describe when a person says the wrong thing at the wrong time. tongue

Jesse R.
                      Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
                      Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
                      Donate now. Every contribution helps.
                      • 11 Posts
                      Erm... did I?

Anyway, thx.