We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    Mine seems to be resolved as well.

Maybe they got some complaints and fixed whatever the problem was...

Just goes to show, sometimes doing nothing is the best way to fix a problem smiley
      "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
      -- Sydney Harris
      • 11 Posts
      Quote from: runningthingz at Apr 03, 2007, 12:35 AM

I put in a support ticket to MT to see if anyone from there can help... I’ll keep everyone posted.

Did you hear anything back from MT? I’m on a grid server and I’m still having problems.
        • 129 Posts
        Well, it seemed too good to be true...

I have having trouble on my MediaTemple Grid again. Did anyone hear anything back from them?
          "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
          -- Sydney Harris
          • 1 Posts
          Have you tried following this Knowledge Base article for fixing PHP sessions issues?

Arman Z. - (mt) Media Temple, Inc. - http://www.mediatemple.net/
          • Thanks for that info Arman.mt. smiley And welcome to our humble little project. smiley
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 129 Posts
              I have now made the change suggested by Arman@MediaTemple and it seems to have resolved the issue.

The cliffnotes:
              Open the [tt]php.ini[/tt] file located inside of your [tt]etc[/tt] folder at the root of your server.
              If your [tt]php.ini[/tt] file is saved as [tt]php.ini.sample[/tt], rename it to [tt]php.ini[/tt].
              Add the line [tt]session.save_path = /home/####/data/tmp[/tt] (where #### is your gridserver number) and save.
                -- Sydney Harris
                • 1,611 Posts
                FWIW: An early analysis of how the MT GS system is set up:
                http://www.cuddletech.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=764
                  "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options