We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi,

I’m really excited about using modx on my site but I can’t get into the manager once I install it.

I can go through the entire install with no problems, all the 777’s are set right, it connects to the database, and it says Installation complete. When I hit continue, it takes me to the manager and when I try to login, it has a popup message that says "Could not load DBAPI class."

I’ve dropped all the modx tables, deleted the entire modx folder and reuploaded twice and reinstalled twice just in case. The sample site works great. But I can’t get into the manager once I create the site. I looked into the database modx_membergroup_access and it shows my username.

I’m using 0.9.5 of modx. I just downloaded it today from your front page Downloads button (I don’t know what build that is). I’m using all the defaults of installation.
    Apache/1.3.29 (Unix)
    PHP Version 4.4.6
    mySQL 5.0.24
    SunOS web08 5.9 Generic_118558-22 sun4u
    (It’s an ISP called Infinity Internet)

One thing of note that is kinda odd about my ISP is that the mySQL database server is not localhost but instead db1.pacifier.net. Could this cause a problem?

It doesn’t matter what browser I use or on what platform (win xp/mac os x).

Is there something I could have possibly missed?

Thanks in advance! I can’t wait to use this!

Update 2:
    Okay, I’ve tried to set the path for the dbapi extension manually but it still gives me the same error.
    I’ve tried running modx in the web root versus in a folder, same thing.

I’ve also discovered that my base path is not the web root. Could this cause a potential problem?
    modx_base_path = /home/iinet.com/d/dd/domain/public_html/
    Could this cause this problem?

Update 3:
    I’ve looked around and I can’t figure out what to do next because I don’t know what causes the dbapi to fail.
    Can someone please let me know if I’m even looking in the right place? Please?