We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 139 Posts
    Well, Modx is great, but my hosting package -also used for e-mail- is 97% full and I’d like to remove Modx for a while to save on space.

Do I just remove the root folder I installed modx in, and remove the sub-folders recursively? I couldn’t find an FAQ/Documentation/Module/... where this is explained.

For example, if I just delete my folders, the SQL database will still be there. So I guess that has to be removed manually too?

By the way, installation and usage is very very easy, I dont’ know why you’re so modest in your comments! smiley

Cheers,

Darkelve
      • 2,204 Posts
      Removing is indeed removing all folders from your server related to modx and delete your database. you did not get so much space from you profider then modx is les the 13 mb
        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
        • 139 Posts
        Thanks!

100MB of space actually... but there are 2 different websites on it + a couple of e-mail addresses. Actually the reason why I found (well, re-discovered) modx was because I was looking for a *small* standards-compliant CMS based on PHP and MySQL.

In the meantime, I’ve been monkeying around with Modx a bit. I’m a big Xhtml+CSS guys,
        you know separation of content and presentation. And Modx is absolutely wonderful. I’ve set up a template and example page in no time!

Love the work.