We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    When I try to add a web user to a user group, I get the following javascript alert
    An error occured while attempting to delete previous user_group entries.
    I have deleted and recreated both users and groups. Assigning manager users to groups works.

Web Server:
    * PHP Version 5.2.1
    * MySQL version 5.0.26
    * 2.6.19 kernel
    * Gentoo

Browser/Client:
    * WinXP
    * Both FF2 and IE7

MODx:
    * Version 0.9.5
    * Any changes you’ve made: Well, added content. But I don’t think anything to interfere with users.
    * Any snippets you’re running on the page that is not working properly: N.A.
    * Any plugins you’re running: None.
    • Are you running MODx Security? If so, you need to disable it in the manager via htaccess.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 12 Posts
        I’m not sure what that is, do you perhaps mean mod_security from Apache?
        http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/What_is_mod_security_and_how_does_it_affect_me
        I haven’t installed any modx security addons or anything like that.
        • Your web host may have though, or it might be a part of your web server distribution.
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 12 Posts
            Your web host may have though, or it might be a part of your web server distribution.
            I manage the server myself. I have checked, but I do not have mod_security for Apache installed.

Is there an easy way to check if modx with the default settings (the example site) gives the same error?
              • 12 Posts
              Quote from: Calamarain at Mar 20, 2007, 06:28 PM

Is there an easy way to check if modx with the default settings (the example site) gives the same error?
              Pff, looking for the _easy_ way? wink
              Anyway, I have installed modx in another directory (called mody grin) and adding documents to a group and then assigning a web user to that groups gives no problems.
              I suppose I broke it myself. How might that have happened? Just n00bness? Or shouldn’t things like breaking user management be possible by only editing content, templates, chunks and snippets?

Oh, and thanks for the great support you’ve given already smiley
                • 12 Posts
                Well, I have copied a few tables (content, snippets, templates, some more) to a the new database from the second modx installation. Then I renamed the databases and now everything seems to work. Is still wonder wat caused it, though.
                And what was it you edited on my previous post, rthrash? smiley

Thanks for the help.
                • Your quote tag was messed up and everything was showing as a quote and hard to read. SMF auto-closes open tags.