We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi all.
    Ive started installing modx on a remote host. When I try to access it, I get error messages:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1092 is not allowed to access /var/tmp owned by uid 0 in /usr/home/sunil/domains/sunil.hostingdirect.co.nz/public_html/install/index.php on line 8

Fatal error: session_start() [<a href=’function.session-start’>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /usr/home/sunil/domains/sunil.hostingdirect.co.nz/public_html/install/index.php on line 8

My host has safe mode on. Does this mean that I can’t get modx to run at all?
      • 33 Posts
      Mmmm… it can work to put safe_mode=Off with php.ini. to create a file and to name php.ini, to enter the line
      safe_mode = Off

and to copy it in all the directories where php are archives, in my server works

Sorry my english very bad

[center][font=Verdana]Comunidad MODx Hispana | [url=http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Es:Pagina_principal][font=Verdana]Wiki MODx en espa