We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 194 Posts
    ricksterv4n1x8 Reply #1, 17 years ago
    I am trying to get the AjaxSearch working. My goal is to get a small search form to show on every page and then display the results in a separate page. I can get the Search box to show but have not been successful at getting the results to show on a separate page - they always display immediately below the search box.

Any suggestions? thanks
      • 194 Posts
      ricksterv4n1x8 Reply #2, 17 years ago
      Here is the call I have made that does not workl:
      [!AjaxSearch? &AS_showResults=`0` &AS_landing=`7` &showMoreResults=`1` &moreResultsPage=`7`!]

It seems none of the parameters after "AjaxSearch" do anything.
        • 1,611 Posts
        Do you also have an AjaxSearch snippet call on your landing page?
          "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
          • 194 Posts
          ricksterv4n1x8 Reply #4, 17 years ago
          Yes. Seems to me that this should work but it doesn’t.
            • 194 Posts
            ricksterv4n1x8 Reply #5, 17 years ago
            My problem is that I cannot get ANY search parameters to work. None of them have any effect on the search form or results. For example, I have tried the following calls to limit the number of records returned with no success and with no change in the results:

[!AjaxSearch? &ajaxMax=`2`!]

I have also tried to highlight the terms by using the following, also to no effect:

[!AjaxSearch? &extract `1`!]

Surely, I must be doing something wrong because the snippet does not appear to be configurable.

Thanks

• 1,611 Posts
              Oh - I think you may also need to add &ajaxSearch=`0` to your snippet call...
                "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                • 194 Posts
                ricksterv4n1x8 Reply #7, 17 years ago
                That was it. It’s all starting to make sense now. . . Thanks!