We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 95 Posts
    Hello everyone,

My next back to back post here ^_^

1.) First is my header javascript problem. I have some old HTML webpages that has javascript in the head section of the HTML. I’ve tried to add it to the template for the whole site, also made a separate one just for that page, I tried coping the javascript into a snippet and calling it. All of that doesn’t seem to work too well. It seems that some of the java script works but fully. An example of a page I’m working on is:

http://www.tapanime.com/fandomfun/games/slots.php

Now I’ve deleted the template javascript so it’s not showing up any more, but if someone needs me to re-create it to check things out let me know. Also I wonder if it’s an issue calling the javascript just in the content when I create the page? Any help? I have 2 pages at least that needs to have javascript in the head section and on the page? Thoughts.

2.) The other issue is a small one not as important as the first. I use the UL and LI tags on a page but they don’t display or do anything in modx any thoughts on that? An example of a page is:

http://www.tapanime.com/fandomfun/humor/animelaws.php

on there the text under the header/titles should indent. Any other commands to use that modx likes etc?

Using modx 0.9.5
    Linux Red Hat server
    MySQL: 4.1.21-standard
    PHP: 4.3.11

Thanks for anyone taking the time to help.
    • You may be experiencing a problem with the Quickedit JS when logged into the manager. Log out and see if that makes a difference. Your LI problem is also likely due to a simple CSS issue. MODx does not affect the way either CSS or JS behaves.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 95 Posts
        Thanks rthrash,

Nope being logged out didn’t help anything. I’ve created a new template again added the javascript in the head section, calling the page with the new template and everything seems fine and looks good but still doesn’t work. I’m using this page as my main test page:

http://www.tapanime.com/fandomfun/humor/otakupurity.php

Instead of the slots one.

Any other ideas or thoughts on this one?
        • Validate. 1 error and 162 warnings.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 95 Posts
            where did you go to validate the javascript? So I can take a look at it. I check w3c schools doesn’t show one just for javascript anywhere that I can see but then I’m not all that bright at these kind of things.

• Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                • 95 Posts
                Thanks rthrash,

I’m sure what is wrong will have to look into it more when I get a chance. One thing I have discovered thou is that the scripts work just fine in IE7 but not in firefox, so I’m sure it has to do something with the coding for now ^_^

Peace