We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    Changes in Ditto version 1.0.1 :

• Numerous bug fixes including multicall support and variable name typos.
    • Debug mode enhanced with template output.
    • Filter switched from slow foreach loop to faster array_filter.
    • Tagging support added.

Download:

• Thank you! I’ve been anxiously waiting for this, never quite sure if I had all the fixes and patches done properly!
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 7,075 Posts
        Ditto (no pun intended tongue) !

I’ll make sure to upgrade, though things are running pretty smooth already with 1.0, will be even smoother laugh
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 147 Posts
          what is "tagging support" ?
          thanks
            i’m not a native english speaker, sorry if there are any mistakes ! smiley

Pikkitux.com Website about Ubuntu Linux, Website Creation, and many other how-tos, tips and tricks ... ( French Language, and of course Modx Powered ! )
            • 4,213 Posts
            Quote from: chucky at Jun 10, 2006, 06:25 PM

what is "tagging support" ?
            thanks
            For example you could make a TV to hold certain categorie names in multiselect listbox and when creating documents, you could select categories where that document belongs to. Then when using ditto to list the documents, you could fiter the documents to show just the documents of a certain category.

This is just one thing that the tagging feature could be used for. Basicly, you add these parameters to the snippet call:

Quote from: Mark at Jun 06, 2006, 10:11 PM

&tagDelimiter=`,` &tagData=`tvnameoftv` &tags=`tags,you,want,to,filter,by` &tagMode=`mode you want to run it in, see documentation of more specifics`
            And tagMode can be either onlyAllTags (show documents that have all of the defined tags), removeAllTags (don’t show documents that have all of the defined tags), onlyTags (show documents that have some of the defined tags), or removeTags (don’t show documents that have some of the defined tags).

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 147 Posts
              could you give me an example (( didn’t really understood smiley, sorry not fluent in english )), what’s the difference with the "filter" tag ?
              thx

Pikkitux.com Website about Ubuntu Linux, Website Creation, and many other how-tos, tips and tricks ... ( French Language, and of course Modx Powered ! )
                • 4,213 Posts
                Quote from: chucky at Jun 11, 2006, 07:49 AM

what’s the difference with the "filter" tag ?
                Difference in compared to what?

The tagging feature in ditto is to take the value of some TV and compare its value to defined values in the snippet call (&tags=`tags,you,want,to,filter,by`) and based on the tagMode it either displays the documents or not.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                  • 147 Posts
                  ok, but it is also possible to do this with the "filter" parameter isn’t it ??
                  but i think i’ve just understood, the advantage compared to the "filter" parameter is the tagmode ( more powerful as we can filter documents containing/not containing one/all of the words )
                  thanks

• 3,250 Posts
                    Filter still exists but it only works for one word at a time where as tags work with multiple words at a time

You still need filter of you want to compare values with say, < or >.
                      • 147 Posts
                      ok, thanks

by the way, is it possible to sort by pub_date,ids ... but by specifying an interspace ? ( for example only documents which ids are between 5 and 10, or only documents that were published after xxx and before xxx )

bye