We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    hey there,

i want to have a TV, that lets the user select a folder, not a file.

when i use input-type "file", i can’t select a folder through the modx-browser ("submit" is greyed out)..

is there any standard approach to it, or do i have to write a custom tv input type? (which i never did before...)

--

for my html5-video player with flash-fallback i want to accomplish,
    to provide an easy way to reference several format-instances of one video.

i envision it like

"select a folder"
    /web_root/assets/video/podcast01/

then in a snippet i can reference the video-files quite easily this way
    /web_root/assets/video/podcast01/podcast01.mp4
    /web_root/assets/video/podcast01/podcast01.ogg
    /web_root/assets/video/podcast01/podcast01.webm

selecting folders like you can select files using the modx-browser would be great in that use-case -- any ideas?
      • 4,149 Posts
      You’d definitely have to create a custom one. You could also submit that as a feature request: http://bugs.modxcms.com/ (our bugtracker is being upgraded at the moment, so maybe file it later).

In the meantime, you could either create a custom, or just use a textbox TV.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 81 Posts
        thanks for the quick reply!

well with the help of the IRC-people, i figured, that in my case (utilizing a snippet) it’s sufficient to use a textbox containg "podcast01".

still, if the folder-selection is of any use to some other people, i’ll file a feature request later.

cheers