We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 59 Posts
    I have just installed Gallery 1.7.1 and I am getting the following errors:-

[2019-03-19 08:13:33] (ERROR in modManagerRequest::prepareResponse @ ../core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php : 187) modAction support is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Support for modAction has been replaced with routing based on a namespace and action name. Please update the extra with the namespace gallery to the routing based system.

[2019-03-19 08:14:04] (ERROR in modManagerRequest::prepareResponse @ ../core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php : 187) modAction support is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Support for modAction has been replaced with routing based on a namespace and action name. Please update the extra with the namespace gallery to the routing based system.

[2019-03-19 08:14:04] (ERROR @ ../core/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php : 962) PHP warning: require_once(../core/components/gallery/controllers/.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I need some help to resolve these errors.

Thanks
      • 24,544 Posts
      They're not really errors, they're deprecation notices. The Gallery extra needs to be updated, but you can turn the error messages off by setting the log_deprecated System Setting to "No."
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 59 Posts
        Hi Bob,

I have set the log_deprecated System Setting to "No." and this stopped the previous error but now I get the following errors. I have check the directory and the index file is indeed missing. It is downloadable from somewhere.

[2019-03-20 06:00:35] (ERROR @ /../components/gallery/index.php : 22) PHP warning: include(../components/gallery/controllers/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[2019-03-20 06:00:35] (ERROR @../components/gallery/index.php : 22) PHP warning: include(): Failed opening '../components/gallery/controllers/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear')

Cheers [ed. note: sheils last edited this post 5 years, 1 month ago.]
        • That file would be inside of the transport package. For whatever reason it is not copied to the right folder during the install on your host.

First take a look, if the according folder is extracted from the transport package in core/packages/gallery-xxx/modCategory/xxx/1/gallery/controllers/index.php. If it is not there, the unzip routine has issues on your host. If it is there, you simply could reinstall the package and look in the install log for issues. Maybe one of the folders is not writable.
            • 59 Posts
            Hi Jako,

I check the transport package and the file is not there. Only think in the directory is an album directory and a home.class.php file.

Note, I have change the location and name of the core directory and moved it abovethe document root as follows:-

/home2/hostingaccount/core/domainname/packages/gallery-1.7.1-pl/modCategory/63ddbbe5bc41d255ab3f239a91202c1b/1/gallery/controllers

Not sure if that's the problem. Maybe I should install all the addons before doing the hardening. [ed. note: sheils last edited this post 5 years, 1 month ago.]
            • A home.class.php file in that path is ok. Sorry, I was wrong with the index.php name.

Please look, if the core/components/gallery folder contains the same files as https://github.com/modxcms/Gallery/tree/develop/core/components/gallery and every file could be accessed by php.
                • 59 Posts
                Yes it contains all the files and directories. Permission is set at 0644 type application/x-httpd-php.

NB:- Mine is located in /home2/hostingaccount/core/domainname/components/gallery. This is not in public_html don't know if that's the issue.