We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    I did an upgrade install and found that the "MODX Welcome Screen" (the one with all the tabs, like News, etc.) is gone. Upon manager login, I get the "System configuration" page by default, instead. Where did the welcome screen go? Can I get it back?

I also noticed that when I save any settings in the system configuration page, it updates, and then displays my site's 404 page. Something isn't right here. Thoughts?

This question has been answered by BuildIT. See the first response.

• 953 Posts
      What did you upgrade to ?

Wnat PHP version are you using etc. etc.

In reality you should be posting in the Evo GitHub, not here

Cheers smiley
        • 22 Posts
        It was the same version onto itself - MODX Evo 1.0.15. PHP is 5.6. I did a site migration and the welcome screen had the configuration tab in yellow. I couldn't get it to go away even after saving in the system configuration, so I essentially ran the install again, but didn't overwrite anything. Then when I logged back in that standard welcome screen was gone. It just defaulted to the system config screen. I'm just trying to determine how to get the welcome screen back.
          • 953 Posts
          Sounds like something is missing - rename your current manager folder, upload the manager folder from the zip file, and rerun the install again

If that doesn't help - explain your problem on GitHub

I hope you are aware that 1.0.15 is long outdated and has security issues
          • discuss.answer
            • 22 Posts
            I switched to secure, https, and the welcome screen came back. Weird. Anyway, yes, I know I need to upgrade, but at the min. I wanted to get this one issue resolved. Thanks!