We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I have set up a local version of an existing modx site on my computer for development purposes. I did this by installing a new version of modx locally (in MAMP) and then importing the database from my live site.

This seems to have worked fine; in the manager I can see the snippets, chunks, pages, etc. However when I try to open a page in the manager I get the error "An error occurred... Resource with ID xx not found"

Additionally the front end shows only the page with ID 1 (a holding page), and I can't seem to access any other pages.

Any help is appreciated!
    • Sounds like you may not have copied all the resource related data? Although if you can see them in the tree, but clicking them doesn't work, that's really weird..
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 24,544 Posts
        If your local site is in a subdirectory, you may need to change the RewriteBase in .htaccess to reflect that. Be sure it ends in a slash.

RewriteBase /subdir_name/

Also, make sure you have this tag in the head section of all templates (with the exclamation point):

<base href="[[!++site_url]]" />

You could also try manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory and refreshing all URIs (Manage -> Clear Cache -> Refresh URIs).
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting