We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Hey, I was thinking that what Revo really needs is a few customized set-up guides, that could spur adoption and minimize problems.

I am thinking about a few basic setups outside the Revo core, like multi-lingual (set up that db correctly!), custom user data, user permission levels, some sort of blog, pay for access site, and perhaps a few others.

When users need a solution, its not just about the core but what add ons can be useful. New users need clear ways forward, of course sophisticated users love to imagine the various ways to achieve a goal, for newbies they need clearer pathways.

Unfortunately this might mean picking one solution over another, which is an issue I have seen using Linux. However let 1000 ecosystems bloom
      • 24,544 Posts
      It's a great idea. All we need is for someone to implement it. wink
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,154 Posts
        Yes the usual problem. However I am glad to see some sort of updated forums, I still strongly believe there is no better location than a forum, unless perhaps github could be used for this.

Anyway perhaps this new forum will be a good location for this type of info. The multi-lingual solution is fairly defined already, although several users have had trouble getting it all working. For user data and tracking ClassExtender is a good solution I think, and if there was a clear guide from start to finish, along with some info on the various Extras that could also be used, that would really be great to help people get up and running.

User permission levels is harder, because it seems to me that every solution would be different. However the basics in one place could help a lot.

A blog solution could introduce some options, I believe there are a couple easy ways to achieve this. Pay for access...may be harder I am not sure.

Forums allow for follow on data, updates and user inputs to all be in one place