We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 123 Posts
    I migrated a website to a new hosting service. The website is up but the manager is not. All the config files are correct.
    After running setup the log-in window appears but after logging in I get this error message (I have changed identifying folder names with generic ones):
    Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (CST6CDT) at position 3 (6): Unexpected character in /home/user/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php:25 Stack trace: #0 /home/user/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php(25): DateTime->__construct('CST6CDT') #1 /home/user/public_html/folder/core/model/modx/moddashboardwidget.class.php(251): modDashboardWidgetWhoIsOnline->render() #2 /home/user/public_html/folder/core/model/modx/moddashboardwidget.class.php(123): modDashboardWidgetInterface->process() #3 /home/user/public_html/folder/core/model/modx/moddashboard.class.php(83): modDashboardWidget->getContent(Object(WelcomeManagerController)) #4 /home/user/public_html/manager/controllers/default/welcome.class.php(73): modDashboard->render(Object(WelcomeManagerController)) #5 /home/user/public_html/folder/core/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php(155): WelcomeManagerController->process(Array) #6 /home/ in /home/user/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php on line 25
    In the manager folder, the php_errorlog gives this message (again, I have changed identifying folder names with generic ones):
    [04-Feb-2019 11:16:35 CST6CDT] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (CST6CDT) at position 3 (6): Unexpected character in /home/user/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php:25
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/user/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php(25): DateTime->__construct('CST6CDT')
    #1 /home/user/public_html/folder/core/model/modx/moddashboardwidget.class.php(251): modDashboardWidgetWhoIsOnline->render()
    #2 /home/user/public_html/folder/core/model/modx/moddashboardwidget.class.php(123): modDashboardWidgetInterface->process()
    #3 /home/user/public_html/folder/core/model/modx/moddashboard.class.php(83): modDashboardWidget->getContent(Object(WelcomeManagerController))
    #4 /home/user/public_html/manager/controllers/default/welcome.class.php(73): modDashboard->render(Object(WelcomeManagerController))
    #5 /home/user/public_html/folder/core/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php(155): WelcomeManagerController->process(Array)
    #6 /home/ in /home/user/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php on line 25
    Any help is very much appreciated!

This question has been answered by paulp. See the first response.

• 1,572 Posts
      Log into phpmyadmin and search for date_timezone in the system Settings and make sure there is a value in there

http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
        • 123 Posts
        Quote from: paulp at Feb 05, 2019, 07:54 AM
        Log into phpmyadmin and search for date_timezone in the system Settings and make sure there is a value in there

http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
        Hi Paul, thanks for your response.
        There's no value in there, but neither was there before. So I'm not sure what value to enter.
        • discuss.answer
          • 1,572 Posts
          Depends on you location, im in the UK so I use Europe/London

The link I provided has all the Timezones so just select the one where you are.
            • 123 Posts
            Quote from: paulp at Feb 05, 2019, 03:21 PM
            Depends on you location, im in the UK so I use Europe/London

The link I provided has all the Timezones so just select the one where you are.
            Hi Paul,
            I figured it out and it worked. Thanks for putting me in the right direction.
            Best, Paulien
              • 67 Posts
              Yeah I just encountered this. If not having a value there triggers an error, shouldn't there be a default value in the field? Or let the install ask you what time zone you're in.