We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi,

I upgraded modx from 2.2 to 2.7 and i am unable to edit Articles now. It keeps saying that they are locked and that i should press Yes. I do press yes and after that the webpage reloads and same message again . I tried reupgrading modx but same issue . Also i am unable to edit with siteeditor because i recieve error 401. i am new to modx. Can someone help me please?

Thank you

This question has been answered by underr. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      Did you skip over MODX 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.5.0, and 2.6.0? There were some changes made in the DB in those major versions that you might not have. I'm not sure that's your problem, but skipping them could cause other problems.

Is Articles up to date?
      Did you try manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory?

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 4 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Jan 20, 2019, 03:32 AM
        Did you skip over MODX 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.5.0, and 2.6.0? There were some changes made in the DB in those major versions that you might not have. I'm not sure that's your problem, but skipping them could cause other problems.

Is Articles up to date?

Yes, i have skipped them over. Updated the site with SimpleUpdater. Articles is up to date and also tried manually delete the cache directory
        • discuss.answer
          • 4 Posts
          Quote from: underr at Jan 20, 2019, 10:05 AM
          Quote from: BobRay at Jan 20, 2019, 03:32 AM

Is Articles up to date?

Yes, i have skipped them over. Updated the site with SimpleUpdater. Articles is up to date and also tried manually delete the cache directory

I managed to downgrade the site to 2.5.0 . Works now as intended. Its because of TinyMCE and a lot of depracated functions. Thank you for your support
            • 24,544 Posts
            All versions older than 2.6.5 have a serious security vulnerability and many have been hacked.
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting