We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 33 Posts
    Hello everybody,

I want to create a website with vertical navigation using Bootstrap 4 and Modx. Two of the menu items still have sub-items. For this I have created the following chunks:

parentRow
    <li>
    <a class="nav-link collapsed" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#submenu" href="[[+wf.link]]">[[+wf.linktext]]<span class="arrow"></span></a>[[+wf.description]]
    [[+wf.wrapper]]
    </li>

innerTpl
    <ul class="sub-menu collapse" id="submenu" aria-expanded="false"[[+wf.classes]]>
    [[+wf.wrapper]]
    </ul>

My problem is that all submenus open when I click one. Because they have all the same ID:
    data-target="#submenu"
    id="submenu"

I thought of the following solution

data-target="#[[+wf.linktext]]"

but that didn't work with the id=“ submenu“.

The navigation looks like this:

<li>
    <a class="nav-link collapsed" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#submenu" href="index.php?id=3">Test<span class="arrow"></span></a>
    <ul class="sub-menu collapse" id="submenu" aria-expanded="false">
    <li><a href="index.php?id=12">Test 1</a></li>
    <li><a href="index.php?id=13">Test 2</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>

<li>
    <a class="nav-link collapsed" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#submenu" href="index.php?id=7">Test 3<span class="arrow"></span></a>
    <ul class="sub-menu collapse" id="submenu" aria-expanded="false">
    <li><a href="index.php?id=14">Test 4</a></li>
    <li><a href="index.php?id=18">Test 5</a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>

Have someone a solution?

Best regards,
    Michael
      • 6 Posts
      Hey Michael

I hope you got your issue fixed, if not, make sure you check your JavaScript Console for issues; This sounds like a situation where your $(selctor) is mismatched.