We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 409 Posts
    Hi,

I'm using a homemade script to upgrade all my websites build with MODX, and I never had issue until there.
    With the 2.7.0, I encounter my first issue smiley
    During the CLI upgrade, I have this error :
    Upgrading in progress...
    PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'SimpleXMLElement' not found in /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php:250
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php(191): modInstallCLIRequest->parseConfigFile('/root/bin/modx/...')
    #1 /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php(167): modInstallCLIRequest->loadConfigFile()
    #2 /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php(83): modInstallCLIRequest->getConfig(1)
    #3 /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/index.php(104): modInstallCLIRequest->handle()
    #4 {main}
      thrown in /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php on line 250

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'SimpleXMLElement' not found in /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php:250
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php(191): modInstallCLIRequest->parseConfigFile('/root/bin/modx/...')
    #1 /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php(167): modInstallCLIRequest->loadConfigFile()
    #2 /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php(83): modInstallCLIRequest->getConfig(1)
    #3 /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/index.php(104): modInstallCLIRequest->handle()
    #4 {main}
      thrown in /home/Me/web/mywebsite.fr/public_html/setup/includes/request/modinstallclirequest.class.php on line 250

If I do the upgrade from GUI (typical web upgrade), it's working without problem.

I do the CLI upgrade with this command line from the website root :
    /usr/bin/php ./setup/index.php --installmode=upgrade --config=/root/bin/modx/config-modx.xml

And the config-modx.xml is :
    <!--
     MODX Revolution

Copyright 2006-2014 by MODX, LLC. All rights reserved.

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
     the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
     Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
     version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
     ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
     FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more
     details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
     this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple
     Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA

An example configuration xml file for the standard upgrade for CLI MODX installs.
    -->
    <modx>
        <!-- Set this to 1 if you are using MODX from Git or extracted it from the full MODX package to the server prior
             to installation. -->
        <inplace>0</inplace>

<!-- Set this to 1 if you have manually extracted the core package from the file core/packages/core.transport.zip.
             This will reduce the time it takes for the installation process on systems that do not allow the PHP time_limit
             and Apache script execution time settings to be altered. -->
        <unpacked>0</unpacked>

<!-- The language to upgrade MODX for. This will set the default manager language to this. Use IANA codes. -->
        <language>fr</language>

<!-- Paths for your MODX core directory -->
        <!--<core_path>/www/modx/core/</core_path> -->

<!-- Whether or not to remove the setup/ directory after installation. -->
        <remove_setup_directory>1</remove_setup_directory>
    </modx>

What's going wrong ?
    [ed. note: Spheerys last edited this post 5 years, 3 months ago.]
      • 409 Posts
      OK finally it the problem occurs only on few websites.
      In that cases, I just run the setup from the web and everything works.

Don't know why, but it's just an isolated issue.