We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    Hi

I've upgraded an advanced installation (core outside html) of modx 2.6.5.

The site is working fine, but if I want to open the manager I get an http error 500.

I deleted browser cookies, emptied caches, tried other browsers. To no avail.

This is what the nginx log tells me:
    2018/12/15 08:11:21 [error] 18924#18924: *29149 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function includeScriptAssets() on null in /var/www/modx/2.7.0/cache/configiedereenbenieuwd/includes/elements/modplugin/10.include.cache.php:40
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/modx/2.7.0/model/modx/modscript.class.php(76): include()
    #1 /var/www/modx/2.7.0/model/modx/modx.class.php(1667): modScript->process(NULL)
    #2 /var/www/modx/2.7.0/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php(153): modX->invokeEvent('OnManagerPageBe...', Array)
    #3 /var/www/modx/2.7.0/model/modx/modmanagerresponse.class.php(79): modManagerController->render()
    #4 /var/www/modx/2.7.0/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php(187): modManagerResponse->outputContent(Array)
    #5 /var/www/modx/2.7.0/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php(135): modManagerRequest->prepareResponse()
    #6 /var/www/iedereenbenieuwd/html/el4admin/index.php(59): modManagerRequest->handleRequest()
    #7 {main}
      thrown in /var/www/modx/2.7.0/cache/configiedereenbenieuwd/includes/elements/modplugin/10.include.cache.php on lin" while reading response header from upstream, client: 81.164.146.131, server: pre.iedereenbenieuwd.be, request: "GET /el4admin/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock:", host: "pre.iedereenbenieuwd.be"

Anyone?

Ludo

This question has been answered by himurovi4. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 185 Posts
      Hi Ludo,

The most interesting row for the log is the latest one as for me.
      What is the plugin with ID=10? I believe it may be harder to disable/remove it without workable manager(but possible via file and db managers), so just let us know what plugin is, sometimes some plugins has some impact on that and can be disabled.
        Anton Tarasov
        MODX Developer

Email: [email protected]
        Web: antontarasov.com
        • 40 Posts
        Hi Anton

Thank you very much.

Plugin 10 is ImagePlus.
        By disabling it, I managed to get access to the manager again.
        So far so good.

But what now?

I cannot pretend all's well now, can I? ImagePlus won't do what it is supposed to do.

Kind regards

Ludo

Quote from: himurovi4 at Dec 15, 2018, 10:02 AM
        Hi Ludo,

What is the plugin with ID=10? I believe it may be harder to disable/remove it without workable manager(but possible via file and db managers), so just let us know what plugin is, sometimes some plugins has some impact on that and can be disabled.
          • 40 Posts
          Now wait a minute.

I activated the plugin again from within the manager.

No problem.

The admin login does not generate an http error 500 anymore.

Can anyone explain?

Ludo

Quote from: omegerard at Dec 15, 2018, 11:10 AM
          Hi Anton

Thank you very much.

Plugin 10 is ImagePlus.
          So far so good.

But what now?

I cannot pretend all's well now, can I? ImagePlus won't do what it is supposed to do.

Kind regards

Ludo

Quote from: himurovi4 at Dec 15, 2018, 10:02 AM
          Hi Ludo,

• 185 Posts
            Plugin 10 is ImagePlus.
            So far so good.

Good news!

Well, you're right. Did you have actual version of ImagePlus? 2.8.0? If no it will be good to update it.

If situation will repeat It'll be good to post the issue here https://github.com/Jako/ImagePlus/issues

Here is the reason:
            Uncaught Error: Call to a member function includeScriptAssets() on null in /var/www/modx/2.7.0/cache/configiedereenbenieuwd/includes/elements/modplugin/10.include.cache.php:40

Unfortunately has no time for further investigation today, but maybe you'll find something...
              Anton Tarasov
              MODX Developer

Email: [email protected]
              Web: antontarasov.com
              • 40 Posts
              Hi Anton

My installation has the most recent version of ImagePlus.

Before posting an issue on Jako's github repository, could it be that the error is due to a plugin of my own that relies on ImagePlus?

I installed ImagePlus on a fresh 2.7 modx server. No problem at all!

I think it's fair to take the blame on me and go find another solution for what I want to accomplish in the plugin.

Thank you once again for your support.

Regards

Ludo

Quote from: himurovi4 at Dec 15, 2018, 11:21 AM
              Plugin 10 is ImagePlus.
              So far so good.

Good news!

Well, you're right. Did you have actual version of ImagePlus? 2.8.0? If no it will be good to update it.

If situation will repeat It'll be good to post the issue here https://github.com/Jako/ImagePlus/issues

Here is the reason:
              Uncaught Error: Call to a member function includeScriptAssets() on null in /var/www/modx/2.7.0/cache/configiedereenbenieuwd/includes/elements/modplugin/10.include.cache.php:40

Unfortunately has no time for further investigation today, but maybe you'll find something...
                • 2 Posts
                thanks for sharing