We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi Folks,
    I started trying to organize a few sites template variables a little better by categorizing them. However, when logged out I can no longer see the TV data (mostly just images and text) on the front end. If I delete the category, my TVs becoming uncategorized, and I can see them again. Is there a setting or a permission for categories or template variables that I am missing?

Using Revolution 2.6.5-pl

Thanks for any help!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Do you have an Element Category Access ACL entry? That would definitely cause your symptoms.

You might also check to make sure that the TVs are connected to the front-end template.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        Thanks for getting back to me Bob. I went to ACL > User Groups > anonymous > Update User Group > Element Category Access and added the TV category, it seems to have worked! Is that the correct way to to this?

Didn't realize categories, by default, would not available to the public. Thanks for your help!
          • 24,544 Posts
          Elements in a category are normally available to anyone by default, unless you previously protected them with an Element Category Access ACL entry. That's what I was asking about. Your solution should only work if there is a protective ACL entry for that category.

Removing the original ACL entry that protected them would have been my suggested fix, but if there isn't one, I don't know what to suggest or how to explain what you're seeing.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 3 Posts
            All the categories are being created as I go along, and I haven't seen a global Element Category Access ACL entry if one exists, yet. Unless the previous developer added one that exists in an area other than: ACL > User Groups > anonymous > Update User Group > Element Category Access. I'll keep looking, thanks for your time!