We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 217 Posts
    Hi,
    my site www.sportujsnami.cz keeps getting infected with malware. I tired almost everything to fix it but without success. I am willing to pay someone who can fix (or help me) fix that. Thanks...
    • There are some tips to clean things up here: https://modx.com/blog/recovering-from-a-hacked-site-part-3 There's like a backdoor (or multiples) left in place somewhere. Did you also upgrade Gallery?

I seem to recall the LLC also offering cleanups at a fixed rate, tho that may have been for Cloud customers only and I can't quickly find where I read about that. Could consider sending an email.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 217 Posts
        Yes,
        I already read that article... All extras are upgraded
          • 30 Posts
          If it's Malware i.e. trojans etc it's likely a missed file uploader somewhere in the FTP folder structure.

On the other hand, I have had a bunch of brand new 2.6.5 sites get hacked, with images injected with code to create fake sitemaps and pages.
          Have cleaned, upgrading to 2.7.0 plus changing passwords, but is anyone else experiencing this? Is this what you mean by malware?

• 98 Posts
            Quote from: iskri at Dec 01, 2018, 04:40 PM
            If it's Malware i.e. trojans etc it's likely a missed file uploader somewhere in the FTP folder structure.

On the other hand, I have had a bunch of brand new 2.6.5 sites get hacked, with images injected with code to create fake sitemaps and pages.
            Have cleaned, upgrading to 2.7.0 plus changing passwords, but is anyone else experiencing this? Is this what you mean by malware?

I'm still searching for the back door! Like trying to kill the mytical hydra, chop off one head and another appears!
              Give a man the answer, and he’ll only have a temporary solution. Teach him the principles that led you to that answer, and he will be able to create his own solutions in the future.