We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    Hi,
    I have a form:

<form name="" action="" method="post" class="pure-form pure-form-aligned">
    <input type="hidden" name="postback" value="yes">
    <input type="hidden" name="contract_id" value="120">
    <fieldset>
    <div class="pure-control-group">
    <label for="contract_name">Contract Name</label>
    <input id="contract_name" name="contract_name" type="text" placeholder="Contract Formal Name" class="pure-input-1-2" value="XXXXX" required="">
    </div>
    <label for="period_start_date">Period Start Date</label>
    <input id="period_start_date" name="period_start_date" type="text" placeholder="Start Date" style="width:150px;" value="XXXX" data-toggle="datepicker1" required="">
    </div>
    <label for="period_end_date">Period End Date</label>
    <input id="period_end_date" name="period_end_date" type="text" placeholder="End Date" style="width:150px;" value="xxxxxx" data-toggle="datepicker1" required="">
    </div>
    </fieldset>

<menu class="actions">
    <button type="submit" class="pure-button pure-button-primary">Save</button>
    </menu>
    </form>

I have looked at all the js/jquery event handler possibilities: "button.pure-button....", "button", $('button[type="submit"]'), "#pure-button", "$(document).on('submit', '.popover form', function(e){". I doesn't appear to have a js event handler. That being said, the form is sent and the db is updated. I try to follow the form submission and can't. client side code doesn't seem to be receiving it. What am I missing?

Is there a non-js recipient of this form submission? Can someone enlighten me?

I have tried to use the Chrome dev tools to find where my form is submitted to. No luck.

I don't know where modx is sending my form submission.....

James

[ed. note: jxarms3 last edited this post 5 years, 4 months ago.]
      • 24,544 Posts
      The form is posting to itself. If you look at the page containing the form, or its template, you could see a snippet tag like the one below:

[[!SomeSnippetName]]

The snippet is processing the submission and can be found on the Elements tab in the Manager under snippets.

The snippet tag could also be contained in a chunk, in which case you'll see a chunk tag like this:

[[$SomeChunk]]

The snippet tag will be in the "SomeChunk" chunk.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting