We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Ok first let's put back the

[[~63]]

code, as that seems to be what was intended. My change was stupid and will cause a forever redirection loop

The way this is set up is that the top link is just pushed to the first element in the list. There is no services page, or about page, instead the 'real' about page is about-us. There is nothing wrong with this, its up to the developer how to lay things out.

So, I feel I want to see your hair-style-color page, as this is the page that is coming up blank (once the [[~63]] is put back in).

the hair/color page should look much like the about-us page.

I am going to have to log off for the night, but tomorrow I am going to compare policies and bridal...

Looking at it a bit now, yes bridal is trying to use a tool to get the contents, unlike policies, which has the contents right there in the resource. This is a typical developer way to set things up, which tbh I find unnecessary but whatever.

What you've got there is a snippet call to 'ShowServiceDetails', which means the tool isn't working, probably, and the info is in your system but probably hidden somewhere, not impossible to find though. A quick fix would be to go around this tool entirely, find (or write) the contents and put them directly in the resource, that would bring everything back.

Keep going, others may jump in too. I will be online on the weekend

Edit: Ah right you did give us the hair/color page, its also using the tool
      • 932 Posts
      Your services looks to be a custom manager page. Are you able to go into it and edit details as usual? If so then the database is at least fine and it's just the front end that has issues. The errors you posted previously, was that a screenshot of the actual modx error log? You'll find the modx error log in manage -> reports -> error log.

On the parent pages where you have the weblink tags, leave those in there as those are just first child redirectors so that if a user clicks on the top level page it'll just redirect to the first child - usually done because there was no design/content for an overview page.

Assuming the snippets themselves which call services haven't actually changed my guess is that the rich text editor has interfered with the snippet itself, wrapping additional code. Try going to the Hair Style/Color page and click on the settings tab and uncheck 'rich text'. Save the page and wait for it to reload and then in the content box replace anything that is there with this:
      [[!ShowServiceDetails? &id_cust_cat_description=`[[*id]]`]]

Save it again and see if it works. If so repeat for all service pages.

Regarding the staff page it's looking for resources such as the css in the wrong place. It's trying to load from
      http://www.theartisticsalon.com/staff/theme/theartistic/css/style.css instead of http://www.theartisticsalon.com/theme/theartistic/css/style.css

You most likely have a different template setup for this page and it just needs tweaking in the head to point to the correct paths.

[ed. note: lkfranklin last edited this post 5 years, 4 months ago.]
        ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
        • 1,154 Posts
        @artisitc_1 I want to let you know that LK is the real expert here.

As I mentioned yesterday, those links from the top (parent to child) links should stay as they were.

Please follow Lk's advice about the troublesome services pages. Maybe we can get this tool working.

Also was that the real error log? It was...very complicated and didn't look right.

For the staff page, the wrong css call will be in the <head> of that template, but these are two separate issues
          • 12 Posts
          LK I cant get into the custom manager page for the services. it brings up the same blank page. i cant get in there to change anything besides in the side box thing.. So no i cant edit anything to do with services unless its int the main edit screen with the context box at the bottom.
            • 12 Posts
            also that is the error long i got from MOXD going to way you stated above. it only gave me an option to download and open it didnt actually open on the website. also that code you wanted me to put in the contents box is already there. the box is unchecked for rich text.
              • 932 Posts
              For the bridal page at least the rich text option looks to have been checked, and the snippet also contains a space after the exclamation so just double check that. Ok if you can't access the CMP then it's a wider issue than just the front end then. That log does look a little odd as it refers to objective c language from what I can tell. Can you clear the log and then visit the CMP page again and send back to us the new error log? Also open dev tools and inspect the console and report back any issues that get flagged in the console.

If you have phpmyadmin or the dbadmin extra then also inspect your tables and ensure that the custom table for the services does exist and contains data.

■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
                • 1,154 Posts
                For phpmyadmin, that's on your hoster side where you can login to your account with your hoster, and then go into phpmyadmin and poke around. Don't change anything, but hopefully you can find the CMP tables.

If the tables are gone, its possible we could recover them through using a backup.

Oh and the dev tools are in your browser, you can open them and in the console it will give you some info as it tries to load/loads. If you load different pages on the site you can sometimes see where the differences are. [ed. note: nuan88 last edited this post 5 years, 4 months ago.]
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  I think it would help if we could see the ShowServiceDetails snippet. That's what is supposed to create the content for those pages. Your blank pages might be caused by a part of that snippet that doesn't play nice with either MODX 2.6.5, or a newer version of PHP.

Look on the Elements tab under "Snippets." Find the ShowServiceDetails snippet and paste its code here. Highlight the code with your mouse, and then use the <> option at the top of the message to mark it as code so it will retain its formatting.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting