We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 206 Posts
    Hello there,

Some week ago, I seted up QUIP and I enter two old feed back.
    http://www.dixlunes.ch/t%C3%A9moignages.html

I do not understand why the thread is now closed, I means , new commetn are not accepted.

Here is how I called the QUIP
    <h1>[[*pagetitle]]</h1>

[[!Quip? &thread=`[[*pagetitle]]-[[*id]]` &useGravatar=`0` &threaded=`0` &tplComment=`tplComment` &tplComments=`tplComments` &dateFormat=`%d %b %Y`]]

<br />
    [[!QuipReply? &thread=`[[*pagetitle]]-[[*id]]` &useGravatar=`0` &closed=`0` closeAfter=`0` &recaptcha=`0` &moderate=`1` &moderatorGroup=`Administrator` &dontModerateManagerUsers=`0` &tplAddComment=`tplAddComment`]]

This evening, I actived the english version, and I add the same code. I also created tree new feddback
    http://www.dixlunes.ch/en/testimonial.html

I do not understand why the english page accepts feedback while the french version do not accept it.

Moreover, I use is
    closeAfter=`0`

which means, it will never close.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

This question has been answered by pierrot1010. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      The only thing that comes to mind is a mismatch in your database character set. There's information here on how to check: https://bobsguides.com/convert-db-utf8.html. Also, look at the character set information in core/config/config.inc.php.

FYI, SiteCheck will test the character set for you (and a lot of other things), but you can also do it yourself manually.

If that's not your problem, I'm not sure what it could be.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 206 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Nov 16, 2018, 11:22 PM
        The only thing that comes to mind is a mismatch in your database character set. There's information here on how to check: https://bobsguides.com/convert-db-utf8.html. Also, look at the character set information in core/config/config.inc.php.

FYI, SiteCheck will test the character set for you (and a lot of other things), but you can also do it yourself manually.

Thank bob,
        I am going to check it. I forgot to write that it's has been working for a moment but I did not observed how long. It's yesterday, I discoveed that comment can not be added any more.
          • 206 Posts

Dear Bob,
          The other things, the new are well displayed
          http://www.dixlunes.ch/t%C3%A9moignages.html
          The problem is the quireply which is inactived. Why the database caracter should be the cause of the problem, specially if it has been working?
          Thank for your help
          • discuss.answer
            • 206 Posts
            However, I fixed the problem by removing
            [[*pagetitle]]

<h1>[[*pagetitle]]</h1>
            [[!Quip? &thread=`[[*pagetitle]]-[[*id]]` &useGravatar=`0` &threaded=`0` &tplComment=`tplComment` &tplComments=`tplComments` &dateFormat=`%d %b %Y`]]

<br />
            [[!QuipReply? &thread=`[[*id]]` &useGravatar=`0` &closed=`0` closeAfter=`0` &recaptcha=`0` &moderate=`1` &moderatorGroup=`Administrator` &dontModerateManagerUsers=`0` &tplAddComment=`tplAddComment`]]

to
            <h1>[[*pagetitle]]</h1>

<br />
            [[!QuipReply? &thread=`[[*id]]` &useGravatar=`0` &closed=`0` closeAfter=`0` &recaptcha=`0` &moderate=`1` &moderatorGroup=`Administrator` &dontModerateManagerUsers=`0` &tplAddComment=`tplAddComment`]]

In that way, the comments a reference only with the ID and not with the page name, which can contain name with "é".

I hope, the quipreply will be active for an unlimited time smiley
              • 206 Posts

Dear Bob

My problem reappear.
              I fixed my problem by change
              &thread=`temoignage-[[*id]]`

to
              &thread=`[[*id]]`

As now I am only using the id of the page, I can not have a problem of carater.
              This change created new article from extension menu and since I was able to create new comments, which is not the case now.
              It's look like if after a couple of month (I guess 2 months), the comments are automatically closed. And I do not understand why as I call QUIP as the following
              <h1>[[*pagetitle]]</h1>

[[!Quip? &thread=`[[*id]]` &useGravatar=`0` &threaded=`0` &closed=`0` closeAfter=`0` &tplComment=`tplComment` &tplComments=`tplComments` &dateFormat=`%d %b %Y`]]

<br />

As closed and closeAfet are set to 0, it should never close.

Any idea [ed. note: pierrot1010 last edited this post 5 years, 3 months ago.]
                • 206 Posts
                I oberve the following:
                If I go to
                core/components/quip/controllers/web/
                and I edit the file ThreadReply.php
                I go to line 160 and I replace
                $replyForm = $this->modx->lexicon('quip.thread_autoclosed');

by
                $replyForm = $this->getReplyForm();

/* build reply form */
                        $isOpen = $this->isOpen();
                        if ($this->hasAuth && $isOpen) {
                            $replyForm = $this->getReplyForm();
                        } else if (!$isOpen) {
                            $replyForm = $this->modx->lexicon('quip.thread_autoclosed');
                            //$replyForm = $this->getReplyForm();
                        } else {
                            $replyForm = $this->quip->getChunk($this->getProperty('tplLoginToComment','quipLoginToComment'),$this->getPlaceholders());
                        }

It's work,

Then I deduct that my topics is not open.

How can I make it open if I configure it to never cole

I clear the cache

Is a bug?