We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 185 Posts
    Hi there,

We have MODX(core and all packages are up to date) website here on CloudFlare. When Full SSL mode(previously the same issue was for Flexible mode too) is enabled we see that not all images load correctly. It’s enough to open WYSWIG TynyMCE editor and load resources from any image folder. About two dozens are loaded perfectly (via phpthumb connector) before and after there are a lot of 500 code returns. Here is some helpful shot: http://take.ms/jqBNx

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
    <p>The server encountered an internal error or
    misconfiguration and was unable to complete
    your request.</p>
    <p>Please contact the server administrator at
    <a href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" class="__cf_email__" data-cfemail="7f081a1d121e0c0b1a0d3f0b0d1a1a1b101c0b100d0c521c1e51080b12510d05145112061d130a1a17100c0b51121a">[email protected]</a> to inform them of the time this error occurred,
    and the actions you performed just before this error.</p>
    <p>More information about this error may be available
    in the server error log.</p>
    <p>Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
    <hr>
    <address>Apache Server at treedoctors.ca Port 443</address>
    <script data-cfasync="false" src="/cdn-cgi/scripts/5c5dd728/cloudflare-static/email-decode.min.js"></script></body></html>

As you can see Cloudflare returns this error, without SSL previews are OK. It seems to us this is some kind of CF protection against mass operations or something like that … please advise what it might be if you came across. A lot of hours spent, all fresh ideas unfortunately ended. ((

Thanks a lot!
      Anton Tarasov
      MODX Developer

Email: [email protected]
      Web: antontarasov.com
      • 24,544 Posts
      Do you have botBlockX or any other scraper blocker installed and running?

If not, I'm going to guess it's mod_evasive trying to protect against what it thinks is a DDOS attack.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting