We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hi, I just updated a modX installation from 1.2 to 1.2.1 after site hack - 1.2.1 unfortunately was the latest version I found at first search sad
    I think if we want to stay with modX Evo we should move on to Evolution CMS.
    What is the "best practice" way to upgrade a 1.2.1 installation to 1.4.6?
    Regards, Martin Lindenlauf

This question has been answered by iusemodx. See the first response.

• 3 Posts
      Quote from: martin.lindenlauf at Nov 10, 2018, 06:04 PM
      Hi, I just updated a modX installation from 1.2 to 1.2.1 after site hack - 1.2.1 unfortunately was the latest version I found at first search sad
      I think if we want to stay with modX Evo we should move on to Evolution CMS.
      What is the "best practice" way to upgrade a 1.2.1 installation to 1.4.6?
      Regards, Martin Lindenlauf

same question smiley, i have 5 website using modx 1.2.1 , i hope someone give the solution ..
        • 1,572 Posts
        Just upgrade to 1.3, then 1.4 then 1.4.6. log into the manager after every upgrade to make sure all is working
        • discuss.answer
          • 953 Posts
          You can do a direct update from 1.2.1 to 1.4.6 (standard procedure - backup what you have, server + DB, then update)

You may have problems with outdated snippets and possibly Modules, the core stuff found in 1.2.1 is no-longer supported, Ditto, eForm etc. they have been replaced with other code

Any custom code using MYSQL calls will cause problems, as the new version uses MYSQLi

I also suggest posting in the Evo GitHub, not here [ed. note: iusemodx last edited this post 5 years, 5 months ago.]