We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 299 Posts
    After my site was compromised I went through cleaning things up and upgraded a very old MODX install. I have some pages that are dynamically generated that all fail to load causing 500 errors (no visible report, just a blank page).

The error log is showing this:

[21-Oct-2018 21:25:42 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /home/usr/core/model/modx/mail/phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php on line 45
    [21-Oct-2018 21:25:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method modX::getMicroTime() in /home/usr/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/72.include.cache.php:109
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/usr/core/model/modx/modscript.class.php(70): include()
    #1 /home/usr/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php(536): modScript->process(NULL)
    #2 /home/usr/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php(250): modParser->processTag(Array, true)
    #3 /home/usr/core/model/modx/modresponse.class.php(69): modParser->processElementTags('', '<!doctype html>...', true, false, '[[', ']]', Array, 9)
    #4 /home/usr/core/model/modx/modrequest.class.php(137): modResponse->outputContent(Array)
    #5 /home/usr/core/model/modx/modrequest.class.php(121): modRequest->prepareResponse()
    #6 /home/usr/core/model/modx/modx.class.php(1399): modRequest->handleRequest()
    #7 /home/usr/public_html/index.php(57): modX->handleRequest()
    #8 {main}
      thrown in /home/usr/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/72.include.cache.php on line 109

In the manager, everything is giving me a blank screen after login.

My browser is showing the following errors when I load or try to do anything in the manager:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (lang.js.php, line 0)
    [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (modx.config.js.php, line 0)
    [Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: _
    	Global Code (uploaddialog.js:1456)
    [Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'MODx.config['upload_files'].toLowerCase')
    	(anonymous function) (multiuploaddialog.js:3)
    	Global Code (multiuploaddialog.js:563)
    	(anonymous function) (modx.localization.js:5)
    	(anonymous function) (ext-all.js:21:2444)
    	b (ext-all.js:21:19930)
    [Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'MODx.user.id')
    	readState (modx.js:938)
    	HttpProvider (modx.js:793)
    	Layout (modx.layout.js:25)
    	Default (layout.js:6)
    	create (ext-all.js:21:133138)
    	load (modx.js:85)
    	(anonymous function) (manager:52)
    	SearchBar (modx.searchbar.js:8)
    	(anonymous function) (manager:73)

The items showing 404 are files that do indeed exist.
    • Hi @jisaac,

If this site was massively hacked, some of the issues with the hacks is that it can mess with permissions or result in empty files—especially JavaScript files. In your case, I'd strongly recommend removing the entire manager directory as well as the core directory save for core/components and core/packages and core/config/config.inc.php, then re-upload the same version of MODX and rerun setup.
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub