We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 670 Posts
    HI all!

I have just set up hosting with Siteground, based on recommendations for low cost web hosting.

I have installed Modx on a subdomain for now while developing, and the front end shows the standard 'congratulations' home page, but when I try and login to the manager I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (CST6CDT) at position 3 (6): Unexpected character in /home/username/public_html/dev/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php:17 Stack trace: #0 /home/username/public_html/dev/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php(17): DateTime->__construct('CST6CDT') #1 /home/username/public_html/dev/core/model/modx/moddashboardwidget.class.php(246): modDashboardWidgetWhoIsOnline->render() #2 /home/username/public_html/dev/core/model/modx/moddashboardwidget.class.php(118): modDashboardWidgetInterface->process() #3 /home/username/public_html/dev/core/model/modx/moddashboard.class.php(78): modDashboardWidget->getContent(Object(WelcomeManagerController)) #4 /home/username/public_html/dev/manager/controllers/default/welcome.class.php(64): modDashboard->render(Object(WelcomeManagerController)) #5 /home/username/public_html/dev/core/model/modx/modmanagercontroller.class.php(149): WelcomeManagerController->process(Arra in /home/username/public_html/dev/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php on line 17

I've never seen this one before - any ideas?
    Thanks
    Andy

This question has been answered by paulp. See the first response.

• 670 Posts
      UPDATE: Siteground are saying we have to run Modx on php5.5 due to compatibility issues with php7 - but I have run modx on php7 on all my other sites! I find the performance on php7 is so much better - I loathe to use php5.5
      • discuss.answer
        • 1,572 Posts
        Check that the date_timezone in the modx_system_settings table has a value via phpmyadmin, mine is set to Europe/London and this gets me every time when installing Modx on Siteground
          • 670 Posts
          Quote from: paulp at Oct 18, 2018, 01:19 PM
          Check that the date_timezone in the modx_system_settings has a value, mine is set to Europe/London and this gets me every time when installing Modx on Siteground

Yep - sorted it - thank you so much!