We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    I've tried finding a solution on here but no-one seems to have had the same problem that I can find.

When I log in to the administrator section, the landing page works fine and the navigation displays correctly with working links.

When I visit any other page in the administrator section, the page loads completely blank, except for the admin bar, which still has working links.

I've checked the error.log file, and there was a require_once error linking to a non-existent file for the articles plugin. I've fixed that error but still have the same problems as above.

I've tried setting log_level to 4 in the database but this doesn't highlight any errors. Is there another type of error reporting I can turn on without having access to the system settings page (this one also loads blank). Failing that, does anyone know what might be causing this?

I'm using Revolution 2.6.5. I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate.

Thanks in advance for any help.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Did you upgrade MODX recently?
      Have you tried another browser?
      Have you modified any of the MODX config files lately?

You can try deleting all files in the core/cache directory and clearing your browser cache and cookies. Leftover cookies can mess up the Manager after an upgrade.

You can turn on dev. tools in Chrome or Firefox (Ctrl-shift-i) and check the console tab and the network tab as you load the page. The console tab will show any JavaScript errors. On the network tab, you can click on any of the calls to "connectors/index.php" and use the response tab to see what the processor is returning. It should always be a JSON string, but if there's an error in the processor (the processors supply all the stuff for the Manager page), it will be a difficult-to-read chunk of HTML containing a PHP error.

On the Headers tab, you can look at the "Action" to see what processor is being called.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting