We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 64 Posts
    EDIT: Fixed.

I had to go and find all four config files and update them with the core path. This is mentioned nowhere in the MODX instructions and I came across it by chance after looking at 20 posts and finally seeing the comment by the famous Bobby Ray. Thanks Bob!
    [ed. note: yankindeez last edited this post 5 years, 6 months ago.]
      • 185 Posts
      Quote from: yankindeez at Oct 15, 2018, 12:21 AM
      EDIT: Fixed.

I had to go and find all four config files and update them with the core path. This is mentioned nowhere in the MODX instructions and I came across it by chance after looking at 20 posts and finally seeing the comment by the famous Bobby Ray. Thanks Bob!

Let me add one possible useful hint here, last modx releases work with relative core(if core folder was changed to some custom one just update path below with proper folder name) path like the next
      define('MODX_CORE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/core/');
      define('MODX_CONFIG_KEY', 'config');

so in that case once updated config file for three folders(core config.core.php, /manager/ config and /connectors/ one) you should only care about /core/config file content. This is often useful when website changes servers on which it is located.

Hope this will be helpful for somebody.
        Anton Tarasov
        MODX Developer

Email: [email protected]
        Web: antontarasov.com
        • 24,544 Posts
        @Anton, do you know if UpgradeMODX will still work with relative paths in the config.core.php files?
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 185 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Oct 15, 2018, 10:42 PM
          @Anton, do you know if UpgradeMODX will still work with relative paths in the config.core.php files?

Hi Bob,
          Thank you, good question, not say for 100% sure but will check asap and reply here!
            Anton Tarasov
            MODX Developer

Email: [email protected]
            Web: antontarasov.com