We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 159 Posts
    After trying for months to get the original Ace plugin/extra to work properly, and with the new versions of Ace...I gave up! So, I was searching for something that actually did work with all the newest coolest stuff and I found @Indigo744's Simple Ace Code Editor!

Simple Ace Code Editor let's me work from my iPad Pro, which is a huge plus! I can code anywhere there is a wifi or cellular data service signal. The newly added Fullscreen feature is great, turning my MODx installation into a full blown IDE, with the help of Sdrenth's contribution automate-static-elements.

Oh, and you don't need to worry about installing any updates to Ace itself, because Simple Ace Code Editor uses the CDN!

Support you say? What about support? Well, I've had nothing but great experience with fast support and @Indigo744 has even added the Fullscreen button for complete touch device support!

I highly reccomed that you give this plugin a try and see for yourself how well it performs, especially if you do a lot of coding on the go from your iPad.

Thank you again, @Indigo744!