We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Hey there,

I'm using the extra Articles on Revo 2.6.5 and I'm having difficulties finding a few placeholders.

In the Advanced Settings of the container resource are different chunks listed which I simply don't have or don't know where to find them. For example under Tagging is said that my Tag Listing Chunk would be called "tag". But I don't have this chunk. Same applies under Archives the Archive Listing Chunk is called "row" which is not to be found either.

Any suggestions where those chunks are located? The need to be somewhere as they are working.

In general I haven't really figured out how this whole placeholder thing works. I assume it's used with getResources? But where are all these placeholders defined?
    If someone could clarify this a little I would be very grateful.

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      The Articles elements can be really frustrating to find.

Try the "Display" tab and the "Latest" tab for the names of some of the chunks used, then look at those chunks on the Chunks tab of the Elements tree at the left. They may or may not be under the Articles folder in the Chunks list.

There is an "article_tags" placeholder in the ArticlesContainerTemplate and a "articlestags" TV tag in the ArticlesTemplate, but you may have created your own version of those two templates with different names. They will be on in the Templates section and may, or may not, be under the Articles folder there.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 26 Posts
        Thanks for your answer!

Under "Display" or "Latest" are only Chunks referring to Quip as far as I can see. And as I mentioned there are a few chunks which are defined in the overall "Advanced Settings" of the Article container (like "row" or "tag") but there are nowhere to be found in the elements tree, neither in an Articles folder nor somewhere else.

But they have to be coded somewhere, right? Any idea where that might happen?

Sure I could go ahead and create some custom chunks for my own, but I would like to keep those placeholders in those predefined chunks or atleast know which ones are used in there so I can code mine like I want to.
        • discuss.answer
          • 24,544 Posts
          I found the row Tpl on the files tab:

core/components/archivist/elements/chunks/row.chunk.tpl. In the install, it's installed as sample.ArticleRowTpl.

I think the tags are handled via the articlestags TV attached to each article. There is no tag.chunk.tpl anywhere.
            My MODX Extras
            • 26 Posts
            Why would this one be in the archivist folder? Haven't checked there... quite a mess but thanks for the investigation! Guess I'll literally need to check everywhere then.
              • 24,544 Posts
              Good question. Finding things in Articles is always a nightmare for me. I have something in Articles that's crapping up the error log, but I haven't bothered to fix it.

Many people have switched to collections for their blogs. So far, I've been too lazy to do it.
                My MODX Extras