We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 98 Posts
    I've recently had to do a clean re-installation after our site was a victim of the recent malware attacks. Since re-installation our Member's Only section is not longer private.

I've tried various things, recreating roles and resource groups and attempted to duplicate the Member's Only section using Bob Rays PrivatePage snippet and get resources to no avail.

Any advice greatly accepted.

MODx version 2.6.5-pl
    PHP Version 7.2.9

This question has been answered by jimsheppard. See the first response.

Give a man the answer, and he’ll only have a temporary solution. Teach him the principles that led you to that answer, and he will be able to create his own solutions in the future.
      • 24,544 Posts
      After making changes, you may need to use the menu option Manage -> Log Out All Users. Then manually delete all files in the core/cache directory before logging in.

Also, remember that when you are logged in to the Manager and view the front-end in your browser (even in a different tab), you won't see things as a real user would. Test from another browser where you're not logged in to the Manager.

Try using Private or Incognito mode in the browser to make sure it's not showing you pages from the browser cache.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • discuss.answer
        • 98 Posts
        Thanks for the reply Bob, with the exception of Incognito I have learned to do the other bits you mentioned. In the end I deleted all Resource Groups, Roles etc and reassigned them to the resources and users. A bit of the work but fortunately only 115 users. Then applied your Private Page snippet and a dedicated page rather than a menu link. A bit clunky but after four days of head banging it works.

Thanks again
        Jim
          Give a man the answer, and he’ll only have a temporary solution. Teach him the principles that led you to that answer, and he will be able to create his own solutions in the future.
          • 24,544 Posts
          I'm glad you got it sorted. smiley
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting