We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 34 Posts
    Doesn't seem to work for me.
    It is like it don't know the difference between 0 and a value higher then zero.
    Would still appreciate it a lot if someone has a solution for me!
      • 1,154 Posts
      Quote from: marielvdoever at Sep 20, 2018, 10:43 PM
      Doesn't seem to work for me.
      It is like it don't know the difference between 0 and a value higher then zero.
      Would still appreciate it a lot if someone has a solution for me!

I really wish I knew. I think the goal is to default in the form to a null response, no 0 but just nothing. Then it should be gone...

in this case maybe each element does have data because its got name of the item

I am really stumped
        • 932 Posts
        My advice is still that you need to use a hook rather than relying on chained output modifiers.
          ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
          • 1,154 Posts
          Ok apologies to LK for going against that idea, I must remember always to listen to LK, which has been proven many times.

Here is the code he provided before. Its a custom hook that will go in the call along with the email tpl

The problem is that the field names are dynamic so this is why I advised to setup the names with 'product_', so in a hook you can find any values with this prefix, explode them and then dictate their return - someone may be able to advise you on the correct php for this as I assume mine didnt work wink

Try this - it may not work but if it fails check the error log for guidance or keep tweaking it to get it work smiley I think each time it loops through the value may be replaced though so I think you need to use str replace... hopefully someone can guide you on that.

<?php

$allValues = $hook->getValues();
          $product = array();

foreach($allValues as $key => $value) {
              if (strpos($key, 'products_') !== false) {

$modx->log(xPDO::LOG_LEVEL_ERROR, 'There were values found with the prefix product_');

list($prefix, $productTitle) = explode('_', $key);

$modx->log(xPDO::LOG_LEVEL_ERROR,'The products found were:' . $productTitle);

$productList .= 'Title:' . $product[$key] . 'Quantity' . $product[$value];

$hook->setValue('products', $productList);

return true;

} else{

$modx->log(xPDO::LOG_LEVEL_ERROR, 'There were no values matching product_');

return false;

}
          }
            • 34 Posts
            Totally forgot to react. But I'd already tried that code, with no luck. And I don't understand anything about hooks. So someone should give me visual codes that work, or explain. It is still not working the way I would want to see it.