We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    Quote from: BobRay at Aug 27, 2018, 08:52 PM
    It's not in the package. The widget snippet creates it on the fly using the upgradeMODXScriptSource chunk and the settings from the widget snippet properties.

You might be able to replace all the placeholders in the chunk with the appropriate values and save the result to upgrade.php, but it would be a pain.

You should definitely see an error message in the Widget itself when it fails to write that file. You might make sure that the MODX root directory can be written to.

Not seeing any errors that jump out at me. I was thinking I could just change the code to write the upgrade.php to /tmp and then manually copy it to modx root. But php is not my first language (I'm a java guy). So I would probably cause more harm than good. I guess I will just follow your manual upgrade notes. ugh...

Thanks for your help,
    James
      • 22 Posts
      Quote from: jxarms3 at Aug 27, 2018, 10:50 PM
      It's not in the package. The widget snippet creates it on the fly using the upgradeMODXScriptSource chunk and the settings from the widget snippet properties.

You might be able to replace all the placeholders in the chunk with the appropriate values and save the result to upgrade.php, but it would be a pain.

You should definitely see an error message in the Widget itself when it fails to write that file. You might make sure that the MODX root directory can be written to.

Not seeing any errors that jump out at me. I was thinking I could just change the code to write the upgrade.php to /tmp and then manually copy it to modx root. But php is not my first language (I'm a java guy). So I would probably cause more harm than good. I guess I will just follow your manual upgrade notes. ugh...

Thanks for your help,
      James

OK, some good news. I thought MODX_BASE_PATH was ../modx. Apparently it is ../html. I opened it up and now I am seeing upgrade.php. I am running 2.4.2-pl. I click on 2.5.0-pl and your tool says it was successful. I go back to the manager and the version is still 2.4.2???

What am I doing wrong?
      James
        • 22 Posts
        Quote from: jxarms3 at Aug 27, 2018, 11:39 PM
        Quote from: jxarms3 at Aug 27, 2018, 10:50 PM

Thanks for your help,
        James

OK, some good news. I thought MODX_BASE_PATH was ../modx. Apparently it is ../html. I opened it up and now I am seeing upgrade.php. I am running 2.4.2-pl. I click on 2.5.0-pl and your tool says it was successful. I go back to the manager and the version is still 2.4.2???

What am I doing wrong?
        James

I have cleared browser/modx cache logged out, etc. UpgradeMODX extra says upgrade to 2.5.0-pl was successful. But the manager is still listing 2.4.2 as the current version.

James
          • 24,544 Posts
          Is there anything in the error log?

Try it with your browser in private or incognito mode. You may have a leftover cookie.

Check the settings_version System Setting.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting