We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 572 Posts
    Hi,
    I had a site using Gallery that was hacked. It was running Modx 2.5.2 and Gallery 1.7.0.
    The site was originally an Evo site that had been set up in Revo using Provisioner.
    I have the site up and running but there are lots of issues with the Manager.
    The front end is OK with the exception of the Gallery - no images are displayed on Gallery pages although the paths to the images look OK.
    I didn't have a backup from before July 18th so used a database dump from the beginning of August. I am clearing the cache manually after every action.
    I have uninstalled/installed all Extras twice (or more). The site structure has been 'hardened' according to the Modx docs. All paths seem to be correct. The same thing happens in Firefox/Chrome private browsing.
    [ol]
    [li]When i click on the Gallery extra I get a white page which looks like the content of the page is hiding under the top of the browser window. This also happens when clicking on Chunks, TV's, Templates, Snippets, Plugins and resources.[/li]
    [li]The above issue was corrected at one point but when it was i wasn't able to select the Settings, TV or Resource Group tabs on a Resource. Also the Gallery wasn';t displaying the Albums and clicking on 'Create Album' brought up a 'mailto:' link![/li]
    [li]I have started again in another directory with a clean 2.6.5 install, installed gallery and the same thing happens with the page disappearing when the Gallery is selected from the Extras. The chunks, Resources, Tv's etc are clickable though.[/li]
    [li]There is nothing in the Manager error logs with the clean install[/li]
    [li]The Manager error log in the 'reinstalled' site generates the following when i open a Gallery page in the front end:
    [2018-08-22 09:02:43] (ERROR @ /home/myWebsite/public_html/pathto/core/components/phpthumbof/model/phpthumbof.class.php : 156) [pThumb] Resource: 49 || Image: (none)
    File not found: /home/myWebsite/public_html/assets/components/gallery/connector.php?action=web/phpthumb&ctx=web&w=900&h=500&zc=0&far=&q=90&src=/assets/gallery/1/54.jpg  *** Skipping ***
    [/li]
    [/ol]

I am totally stumped.
    If the Gallery worked on the clean install I could then import the database a table at a time which is what I initially started doing but because Gallery still wasn't working and the Manager actions weren't working I reverted back to the default 2.6.5 database and installed ONLY Gallery. But it still doesn't work.

Any advice much appreciated thanks.

www.9thwave.co.uk
         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT