We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,154 Posts
    Hello, I am implementing Subscribe, its really quick and easy, and to think I spent all that time before making a custom snippet, which crumbled like a cookie at last.

I want to have a couple of specific valued established, like I want a really long ttl and I don't want the system to delete expired accounts.

Anyone know the max ttl?

Also, why is the user automatically logged in when its not in the register snippet? More sorcery!

Finally, does anyone remember the language of the option to prevent any expired or old unconfirmed accounts from being deleted? I definitely do not want any accounts deleted.

I found an old post that mentioned it but have lost the code now. Can't quite remember the terminology of it to search properly.

Thanks!
      • 24,544 Posts
      The max ttl should be close to 2 billion, so you could make it pretty long. wink

I don't think old unconfirmed accounts are deleted by default, unless you have a plugin that does it. I could be wrong.

The users should be logged in only after they respond to the email. Are you saying that users are being logged in right away after just filling in the form?

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,154 Posts
        Ok thanks, yeah that code was old and perhaps outdated.

No, its just logging them in when they go to the link, instead of making them use their password again, which is pointless tbh. Much smoother this way and I just redirect them to the content pages

Great thanks!