We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    Hi all,

I am currently using NewsPublisher 3.0.4 on MODX 2.6.5PL.

By default, NewsPublisher only allows a logged in user to use the front end form to create new resources. I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to allow non logged in users to use NewsPublisher to submit new resources?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mick.

This question has been answered by lkfranklin. See the first response.

• 1,154 Posts
      Hmm, it must do a check for loggeduser, I would think you could either modify or remove that check, or fool it into thinking the user is logged in.

It could possibly have multiple checks...but maybe not I really don't know about that.

Could you, theoretically, set a value with a custom snippet in the template header? Seems weird but if, in the current session, loggedin=1, then it could go right past the check

My terminology is wrong, of course, but whatever the logged in user value is
      • discuss.answer
        • 932 Posts
        I'm not sure if you could do that in newspublisher as its very secure but you could use formit and create a custom hook to create a new resource on submission.
          ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
          • 1,154 Posts
          Yeah that would be an unwise hack, wouldn't it. Lol not my finest moment

@mick2470 you'll have to run any submission through some protective filters
            • 1,145 Posts
            Although quite dangerous, I think with a little ACL tinkering you could by-pass a lot and make unlogged-in users do stuff.
            I will play with it in the future.
              TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
              Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
              5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
              • 9 Posts
              Thanks for the replies guys. Formit may be the way to go with this.

All of your replies are appreciated smiley