We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 58 Posts
    I have an access policy that has issues with publish_document. I check the value so that the users can publish documents, etc. BUT every now and then the setting is resetting to unchecked. I am not sure what is happening here.

Anyone have suggestions about fixing this issue?

Roy
      • 24,544 Posts
      What you're describing is very unlikely. MODX doesn't ever change policy permission settings on its own.

Is it possible that the resources are protected by Resource Group Access ACL entries and the user doesn't have 'publish' permission in the policy that applies? In that case the user has to have both 'publish_documents' permission in the Context Access ACL policy *and* 'publish' permission in the Resource Group Access policy.

The only other thing I can think of is that the table is corrupted -- repairing all tables in PhpMyAdmin might fix that (and can't hurt).
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 58 Posts
        Thanks, I'll check the tables (we are on modxcloud and I do not have phpmyadmin turned on). There are not any resources groups on the site. All admins can access all resources, they just have different permissions. Just 3 or 4 times over the last few years the publish permission just becomes unchecked.

Roy

Quote from: BobRay at Aug 03, 2018, 07:20 PM
        What you're describing is very unlikely. MODX doesn't ever change policy permission settings on its own.

Is it possible that the resources are protected by Resource Group Access ACL entries and the user doesn't have 'publish' permission in the policy that applies? In that case the user has to have both 'publish_documents' permission in the Context Access ACL policy *and* 'publish' permission in the Resource Group Access policy.

The only other thing I can think of is that the table is corrupted -- repairing all tables in PhpMyAdmin might fix that (and can't hurt).