We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    I'm running MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl and a thing has been bugging me for ages / years related to the TinyMCE editor and inserting images.

I have a series of folders for images - to keep things organised and help with SEO - ie I can give images the same file name but in different directories. For example;

/assets/images/architectural/industrial-photographer.jpg
    /assets/images/industrial/industrial-photographer.jpg

etc

Of course when inserting images to a page I have to navigate to the particular directory - ok that's what I expect.

My problem, is that for subsequent images, I have to repeat that navigation. Which as my site has increased in size and folder structure is quite time consuming.

My question is therefore, is there a way that the TinyMCE or Modx be set, so that when editing a page, once you upload one image in to a folder, that next time in the same session when you insert an image, it will default to that folder ?

Thanks, David

• 571 Posts
      I would be keen to know of a solution to this. My rather low tech workaround is that I FTP my images to the desired locations and then use my RTE in 'source code' mode and type the path. Not ideal but quicker than navigating through the site folders in the manager.
        If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

email: [email protected] | website: https://andytough.com
        • 1,145 Posts
        What TinyMCE MODX Extra are you using?

Are you using the default MODX File Browser? That one is a pain in the medulla to develop for.

But the feature you are looking for is pretty standard, it is called remember in the elFinder and Responsive Filemanager.

I may have solved the issue for the native MODX File browser in my unreleased TinymceWrapper v3. Will have to go make sure.
          TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.